The Matzikama region is known for its unique scenery and excellent wines. At Die Keldery you can experience both. As you look over the vineyards to the Maskamberg, you can enjoy the wide variety of proudly South African Namaqua wines.
Die Keldery is one of the most popular restaurants in the Matzikama region, famous for their hospitality, the best dishes and one of the most beautiful views of the Maskamberg. Die Keldery is also the official tasting room for Namaqua wines and is located at the Namaqua Wine Cellar just outside Vredendal, about 300 km from Cape Town.
Die Keldery invites you to taste these wines from Monday to Saturday between 09:00 and 17:00. For only R50 you can enjoy the best biltong and wine or chocolate and wine or a four-wine tasting for only R20. You do not have to make an appointment for the wine tasting, but it is advisable that you contact Die Keldery beforehand to make sure there are no functions, especially on Saturdays.
“Wine tastings with us have never been so delicious! With our exceptional Namaqua wine range you are guaranteed to have an amazing wine experience with us,” says Adri Coetzee, restaurant and function coordinator.
When it comes to creating exceptional wines, the winemakers and connoisseurs of Namaqua Wines take it very seriously. Made in the heart of the Namaqua West Coast, the Namaqua wine range is the result of strict vineyard methods specially formulated to suit the climate region.
“Each wine contains a unique smell and smell, but it can sometimes be difficult to identify these differences during a wine tasting session. We provide a list of attributes during your trial session, and you must select only the appropriate options for each combination, make notes about the taste and select a rating. Because it differs from person to person, there is no wrong answer,” says Coetzee.
At Die Keldery you can enjoy the Namaqua Johannisberger – white or red, the Natural Sweet Rosé or Sweet Rosé, Namaqua Merlot, Namaqua Hanepoot Jerepigo and many more enjoy and buy the whole bottle or a box!
If you are also planning to have a family get-together or if you want to chill with friends this weekend, you should visit Die Keldery on Friday to get a 20% discount on your favorite Namaqua wine. Not only can you enjoy the wine tasting or get a 20% discount on your favourite Namaqua wines every Friday, but you can even make a delicious and mouth-watering dish to go along with the get-together.
Try this delicious Namaqua white wine macaroni next time when you’re cooking with your friends and family!
- 2 cups macaroni
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup Namaqua Dry White wine
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 rashers of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon crushed cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 Teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add a handful of salt, and cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a medium saucepan with the butter and flour, whisking until smooth.
- When it starts to bubble a little, cook 1 minute.
- Add the thyme and cook another 30 seconds.
- Slowly add the wine and milk, whisking constantly. Cook, stirring – 2 minutes until just a little thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add 2 cups of the cheese, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir until smooth.
- When the pasta is done, drain and add to the cheese sauce.
- Ladle into ramekins and top with the remaining cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, bacon and olive oil and top the mac and cheese.
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes until very bubbly and golden on top.
- Serves 2 as a main course or 4 as a side dish.
Come and visit the heart of the Namaqua West Coast and enjoy delicious wines at Die Keldery’s wine tasting room or buy your favourite wine from the Namaqua wine range.
For more information about wine tasting, wine sales or any functions, please call 027 213 3699 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also visit Die Keldery’s Facebook page at @diekelderyrestaurant, follow Die Keldery on Instagram at @diekeldery or on Twitter at @DieKeldery. Also visit Die Keldery’s website at diekeldery.com/en/.